Lake Nona Dental Services
At Oral-Facial Surgical Arts, PA, we provide a wide range of surgical dental procedures and other services, repairing damaged, misaligned, or otherwise unhealthy dental and facial structures. We provide the care and service that can only come with professional training and a combined 25 years of experience.
At our Lake Nona dental clinic, our patients come first. We will communicate with you, giving you all of the information you need regarding our treatment, which will be performed in a safe, clean, and relaxing environment.
We understand the anxiety and apprehension that many feel before their dental appointment. So, we’re here to help alleviate that anxiety by arming you with knowledge about our various services, how and why they are performed, and what you can expect on the day of your appointment.
Oral-Facial Surgical Arts, PA provides sedation to make your dental appointment as painless and relaxing as possible. With our sedation dentistry, you can sit back and relax while your procedure is taking place, or be unconscious for it entirely. Once you wake up, all of the work will have been accomplished, which for you will have only lasted for a blink of an eye.
These are designed to be permanent solutions to missing teeth, providing you with everything that natural teeth provide. The dental implants we provide at our Lake Nona dental clinic will:
- Bring your mouth and facial structure back to its original appearance
- Improve your speech
- Improve your chewing ability, which in turn improves digestion
- Prevent the loss of jaw bone density that comes with missing teeth
Dental implants are installed over the course of two different appointments.
- Titanium Post Placement: During this appointment, we install titanium posts into the root area of your missing teeth. These serve as the foundation for your new teeth. They will typically be left to fully integrate into your jaw bone for a period of three to six weeks.
- Dental Crown Placement: The second appointment simply involves the installation of dental crowns onto the titanium posts.
Wisdom Teeth Removal
Your wisdom teeth are a third set of molars that can cause all kinds of problems over time. The longer you wait to get them out, the more complicated the procedure becomes, so it is important to have them removed as soon as possible. If left to grow, wisdom teeth can become impacted, meaning they become enclosed within the soft tissue or the jawbone, or partially break through the gum.
At our Lake Nona dental clinic, we will remove your wisdom teeth cleanly, safely, and efficiently.
Missing teeth can lead to the loss of jaw bone density over time, which can make dental implants very difficult, or even impossible. To remedy this problem, we provide bone grafting at our dental clinic in Lake Nona. There are two types of bone grafting services we provide:
- Sinus Bone Grafting: This is accomplished by elevating the sinus membrane of the upper jaw, and placing a bone graft on the sinus floor.
- Jawbone Grafting: This procedure rebuilds bone loss of the jaw, and there are many different bone grafting materials to work with depending on your needs.
If you are experiencing lumps or sores forming in the mouth, this may be a sign of a pathologic process or a cancerous growth. We will provide an oral cancer examination, giving you an accurate diagnosis. If we see a growth of oral cancer, we recommend getting treatment right away, which we also provide from our Lake Nona dental clinic. If you believe you require pathology services, don’t wait! Contact us immediately.
Facial Trauma Treatment
- Face and mouth lacerations
- Loose, damaged, or missing teeth
- Fractured jaws
- Fractured facial structures such as the eye socket or cheek
Events that result in facial trauma are rarely forseen, and when the time comes, it can be difficult to know who to turn to. At Oral-Facial Surgical Arts, PA, we are the professionals you can rely on. Over the years, we’ve gained enough experience to have confidence in any facial trauma situation, understanding the emotional trauma that comes with physical trauma. We will help you in both regards.
If you have sustained facial trauma, contact our Lake Nona dental clinic today!