Are you concerned about the wrinkles and frown lines you’ve developed over the years? BOTOX® Cosmetic is a procedure to smooth wrinkles and frown lines with no surgery and no recovery time.
You’ve probably heard a lot about BOTOX® Cosmetic. It’s been in the news, in fashion, health, and beauty magazines, and on TV. Your friends may even be talking about how it works.
Could this be what you’ve been looking for—a procedure that can temporarily smooth those moderate to severe frown lines between your brows with no surgery and no recovery time? An improvement can be seen within days, lasting for up to 4 months. Results may vary.
Why would you get treated with BOTOX® Cosmetic?
- You think those stubborn frown lines between your brows make you look tired or upset.
- It seems like something that you could do to help maintain your appearance.
What is Botox® Cosmetic?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a simple, nonsurgical, physician-administered treatment that can temporarily smooth moderate to severe frown lines between the brows in people from 18 to 65 years of age. It is the only treatment of its type approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
One 10-minute treatment—a few tiny injections—and within days there’s a noticeable improvement in moderate to severe frown lines between the brows, which can last up to 4 months. Results may vary.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a purified protein produced by the Clostridium botulinum bacterium, which reduces the activity of the muscles that cause those frown lines between the brows to form over time.
In 2005, almost 3.3 million procedures were performed with FDA-approved BOTOX® Cosmetic.
Botox® Cosmetic may work for you.
When it comes to selecting a physician-administered aesthetic treatment, chances are you’ll want proof, not just claims. The proof for BOTOX® Cosmetic is in the numbers.
- In clinical trials, nearly 90% of men and women surveyed rated the improvement in the appearance of frown lines between their brows as moderate to better 1 month after treatment. Results vary.
- Results can last for up to 4 months, and may vary.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2002 for the temporary treatment of moderate to severe frown lines between the brows in people ages 18 to 65, and almost 3.3 million procedures were performed in 2005 alone.
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ranked BOTOX® Cosmetic as the most popular physician-administered aesthetic procedure in the United States for the fourth year in a row (surgical and nonsurgical combined).
How does BOTOX® Cosmetic work?
Those moderate to severe frown lines between your brows form over time as the result of muscle activity. BOTOX® Cosmetic is injected directly into the muscles between your brows. It works by blocking the transmission of nerve impulses to the injected muscles; this reduces the activity of the muscles that cause those persistent lines to form.
What about other procedures or products?
Whether it’s emu oil, Dead Sea minerals, collagen creams, fruit acids, fat injections, or chemical peels, there are more anti-wrinkle procedures and products than you can shake a mascara wand at.
If you’re looking for something for that one tough wrinkle spot, the area between your brows, be sure to talk to Dr. Achong about Botox® Cosmetic and find out if it is right for you!
BOTOX® Cosmetic is the only treatment of its type approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the temporary improvement of moderate to severe frown lines between the brows. What’s more, unlike many procedures and over-the-counter wrinkle remedies, BOTOX® Cosmetic treats the cause of these frown lines by reducing the muscle contractions that cause the lines to form over time.
You may see creams or gels advertised, or products that claim to be “better than BOTOX.” However, none of these products is associated with BOTOX® Cosmetic. The fact is, there is only one BOTOX® Cosmetic.
The Injection Process.
The beauty of a BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment is that it’s a simple, 10-minute, non-surgical process. A few tiny injections, and within days there can be a noticeable improvement in the moderate to severe frown lines between the brows that can last up to 4 months. Results may vary. And there’s no recovery time. You can even do it on your lunch break.
Please call us at (352) 243-5599 to see if BOTOX® Cosmetic is right for you!
- Dr. Achong will administer several tiny injections of BOTOX® Cosmetic directly into the muscles that cause those moderate to severe frown lines between the brows.
- Dr. Achong will determine where to administer the injections by examining your ability to move certain muscles in your brow area. The location, size, and use of the muscles that create a furrowed brow vary markedly among individuals.
- No anesthesia is required, although your doctor may choose to numb the area with a cold pack or anesthetic cream prior to injecting. Discomfort is usually minimal and brief.
- You can expect to be in and out of the physician’s office without downtime. You may see a marked improvement in the moderate to severe frown lines between your brows within days. Improvement may continue for as long as a month, and could last up to 4 months.
Is treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic painful?
Discomfort is usually minimal and brief. Prior to injecting, your physician may choose to numb the area with a cold pack or anesthetic cream. The entire procedure takes approximately 10 minutes. Many people are in and out of the physician’s office without downtime following BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment.
Side effects of Botox® Cosmetic
Do not use BOTOX® Cosmetic if you:
- have an infection where BOTOX® Cosmetic will be injected
- are allergic to any of the ingredients in BOTOX® Cosmetic
- are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
What should I tell my doctor before using BOTOX® Cosmetic?
Only your doctor can decide if BOTOX® Cosmetic is right for you. Before starting treatment, tell your doctor if you:
- have any diseases that affect your nerves and muscles such as ALS, myasthenia gravis, or Lambert-Eaton syndrome. These diseases may increase your chance of side effects with BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment.
- are breastfeeding
- are planning to become pregnant soon.
Can any of my medicines interact with BOTOX® Cosmetic?
Be sure that your doctor knows the names of all the medicines you are using, including:
- antibiotics used to treat infections, such as gentamicin, tobramycin, clindamycin, and lincomycin
- medicines used to treat heart rhythm problems, such as quinidine
- medicines used to treat different conditions, such as myasthenia gravis or Alzheimer’s disease.
As with all prescription medicines, you should also notify your doctor if you are taking any over-the-counter medicines or herbal products.
Will my facial expressions continue to look natural?
Although the results are visible, a treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic will not radically change your facial appearance or make you look as if you “had work done.” The muscle activity that causes frown lines between the brows is simply reduced, so you can still frown or look surprised without the wrinkles and creases between your brows.
How often is treatment recommended?
If you’re pleased with the results of a BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment, you’ll probably want to get on a treatment schedule so you can keep on being pleased.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a non-surgical, physician-administered aesthetic treatment that can temporarily reduce the moderate to severe frown lines between your brows for up to 4 months. Within days, you may see a noticeable improvement. Results may vary. You can receive injections with BOTOX® Cosmetic up to every 4 months to help you maintain the results.
If you discontinue treatment, the frown lines between your brows gradually will look like they did before treatment.
For more information on Botox® Cosmetic visit http://www.botoxcosmetic.com/