What Is JUVÉDERM® Injectable Gel?
As we age, our skin changes. Over time, the natural volume of youthful skin begins to diminish as wrinkles and folds form. But, with Juvéderm® injectable gel, you don’t have to just sit back and let it happen!
Juvéderm® is a smooth consistency gel made of hyaluronic acid—a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps to add volume and hydration. Your healthcare professional eases Juvéderm® injectable gel under the skin to instantly restore your skin’s volume and smooth away facial wrinkles and folds, like your “smile lines” or “parentheses” (nasolabial folds—the creases that run from the bottom of your nose to the corners of your mouth).
With Juvéderm® the injection process takes only about 15 minutes and results are immediate. Plus, there’s minimal recovery or downtime. So you can step into your doctor’s office for treatment and step right back into your life.
*Juvéderm® is indicated for injection into the mid to deep dermis for correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds).
Benefits of Juvéderm® Injectable Gel
Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers like Juvéderm® injectable gel offer a safe and effective nonsurgical option for smoothing facial wrinkles and folds.
Choosing Juvéderm® injectable gel makes a difference:
- Juvéderm® is the ONLY hyaluronic acid (HA) filler FDA approved* to last up to 1 year. It also creates a smooth consistency gel that flows easily into the skin and provides a smooth, natural look and feel—so everyone willl notice (but no one will know)!
- A “next-generation” filler: Juvéderm® is a “next-generation” non-animal dermal filler that is made fromhyaluronic acid—a naturally occurring substance that plays a vital role in hydrating your skin and replenishing its natural volume. No allergy skin tests are needed prior to receiving treatment.
- Proven safety and effectiveness: Juvéderm® injectable gel is the first FDA-approved hyaluronic acid dermal filler proven safe and effective in persons of color.
- Quick and easy procedure: Juvéderm® injectable gel is a nonsurgical physician-administered treatment that requires no allergy skin test and minimal recovery or downtime.
- Personalized treatment: Juvéderm® injectable gel is available in two formulations— Juvéderm® Ultra for versatility in contouring and volumizing facial wrinkles and folds, and Juvéderm® Ultra Plus, a more robust formulation for volumizing and correcting deeper folds and wrinkles. This allows Dr. Achong to tailor treatment to meet your unique needs.
What To Expect During Treatment
Here’s what to expect when you visit our office for treatment.
Before the appointment: Avoid any medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs), for at least a week prior to treatment in order to reduce the risk of bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
Upon arrival: If this is your first visit, Dr. Achong will ask about your medical history, including any allergies you may have or medications you may take.
Determining your treatment needs: Dr. Achong will examine the soft tissue of your face to assess the depth of wrinkles and folds to determine your treatment. Juvéderm® injectable gel is available in two formulations—Juvéderm®Ultra for versatility in contouring and volumizing facial wrinkles and folds, and Juvéderm® Ultra Plus, a robust formulation for volumizing and correcting deeper folds and wrinkles. This allows Dr. Achong to better tailor treatment to your unique needs.
Before the procedure: Dr. Achong may use topical or injectable anesthesia to numb the treatment area first.
The procedure: Dr. Achong will ease the Juvéderm® injectable gel under your skin to augment, or fill, wrinkles and folds. Following the injection, he may gently massage the treated areas and apply ice. The procedure is quick and easy.
After the procedure: With Juvéderm®, there is minimal recovery or downtime.
For the first 24 hours following treatment, avoid strenuous exercise, excessive sun or heat exposure, and consumption of alcoholic beverages in order to help minimize the risks of temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the treatment sites. After the treatment, some temporary injection-related reactions may occur, including redness, pain, firmness, swelling, and bumps. If you experience swelling at the injection site, you can apply an ice pack for a brief period. Dr. Achong tell you when makeup may be applied after your treatment.
Seeing results: You should see an immediate improvement in the treatment areas. Most patients need one treatment to achieve optimal wrinkle smoothing which can last up to 1 year. However, results may vary and correction is temporary. Supplemental “touch up” treatments may be required to achieve and maintain optimal results.